Chronicles of Life with Multiple Sclerosis
- Not complaining when in loads of pain
- Swallowing several pills at once
- Not sleeping at night
- Sleeping all day
- Waiting patiently in doctors’ offices
- Knowing more about my prescription medication than most pharmacists
- Knowing more about my illness(es) than most doctors
- Having memorized the phone numbers of my insurance company, pharmacy, PCP…
- Cancelling plans at the last minute
- Tripping over my own feet
- Not leaving the house for days
I’ve decided that I can’t date/marry a Spoonie. We would just shrivel up and die together. But I suppose that’s the most romantic way to go. Even though we’d be moaning and wanting to hold each other but not being able to because of the pain… Depressing yet beautiful… I have mixed feelings.
I’ve had this same conversation with myself… and then I wondered what healthy person would jump into this sort of mess willingly.. hmm
Today I am not having a “strong” day. Today I’m having a “cry in the rain” sort of day. A “try to smile and fake it” day.
I’m getting a weird tightness in my back. It makes it hard to breath, and makes me panic. I just want it to stop.
More than anything I just want to cry and cry and cry.
this. *hugs* and not the MS kind.